Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Quick and Easy Health Breakfast


It is often hard to find a quick and easy breakfast that is also health.  These scrambled egg muffins are very easy to make and provide lots of the nutrition needed to start your day!  I actually make them on Sundays and then just pop them in the microwave throughout the week for breakfast.  This recipe was adapted from Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking Magazine.  I actually make half the recipe since it is just me, but I am sure your family would like these too!  To make this quick breakfast that is only 120 calories a muffin, you will need the following:
   1/2 lb of turkey sausage crumbles (I use Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles)
   12 eggs
   1/2 cup chopped onion
   1/4 cup chopped green peppers
   1/2 tsp. of salt
   1/4 tsp. garlic powder
   1/4 tsp. pepper
   1/2 cup of low fat shredded cheddar cheese
In a large skillet, cook the sausage crumbles over medium heat until no longer pink.  In a large bowl, beat the eggs.  Add the onion, green pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Stir in the sausage and cheese. 


Spoon 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups that are coated with cooking spray.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  To reheat, just place in the microwave on a plate or in a bowl for one minute!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to make these for next week! I am going to add mushrooms! I never thought of this!

    ReplyDelete