Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Must Have Mexican Side Dish

Clinatro rice has become my side dish must for Mexican food!  It is featured as a side dish with my yummy fish tacos in a previous post.  I found this recipe in a Pampered Chef cook book.  It is very easy to make.  You will need the following:
   1 cup of uncooked long grain white rice
   1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
   4 ounces of queso fresco
 Simply cook the rice according to the package directions.  While the rice is cooking, chop the cilantro and set aside.  Crumble the cheese and set aside.  Once the rice is finished, stir in the cilantro, queso fresco, and you have an instant hit!

Queso fresco is a kind of Mexican cheese.  I was unable to actually find queso fresco, so I used queso blanco.  I did find this at Wegmans.  For those who do not have a Wegmans or a fancy cheese shop near you, I have also made it with shredded Mexican style cheese!

1 comment:

  1. Friend, i love you are posting so much! I think it'd be awesome if you added step by step with PHOTOS!! That would rock!!!! :) I shall continue to follow your posts!!

    ReplyDelete