Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Japanesse Zucchini and Onions

Yes this is another zucchini recipe.  I think I have a mild obsession, but it is just so good and so versitile.  You can prepare it a million different ways and it goes with everything.  I am always looking for new veggie recipes as sides with Asian food instead of the old stand by of broccoli, so I was thrilled when I found this simple recipe on Pinterest.  For this recipe you will need the following:

     2 tbsp olive oil
     1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
     2 medium zucchinis, cut into thin strips
     2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
     1 tbsp soy sauce (I use low sodium to be healthier)
     1 tbsp toasted seasame seeds
     ground pepper

     Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Stir in onions, and cook for 5 minutes.  Add zucchini, and cook, stirring, for about one minute.  Stir in the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and seasame seeds.  Cook until zucchini are tender, about 5 minutes.  Stir in the ground pepper, and serve immediately.  Oh and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment