Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal


This is a great baked oatmeal recipe.  I have struggled finding good baked oatmeal recipes that are a solid consistency....or maybe I just do not make them correctly lol.  Anyways, this is great for those who like pumpkin flavored dishes and it is easy to make.  It is not a sweet dish, so I did sprinkle brown sugar on top to make it a bit sweeter.  I modified this recipe from one I found on Pinterest, and you can find the original on my pinterst page, where there is the recipe to make a one serving amount of this.  The recipe I posted here makes four servings.  In addition, that recipe uses almond milk instead of regular milk.  I kept the dish in the frig for up to about 5 days and it was still good.  For this recipe you will need the following:

     2 cups regular rolled oats
     2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
     1 tsp baking powder
     1/8 tsp salt
     1 cup milk
     1/2 cup water
     1 cup pumpkin puree
     1 tsp vanilla extract
     4 tbsp maple syrup

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8x8 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.  In a small bowl, mix oats, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until combined.  In a medium bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, milk, water, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.  Add the bowl of dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.  Stir until they are combined.  Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25-27 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment